Registered Home Care Aide
Job Duties and Tasks for: “Personal and Home Care Aide”
1) Perform health-care related tasks, such as monitoring vital signs and medication, under the direction of registered nurses and physiotherapists.
2) Administer bedside and personal care, such as ambulation and personal hygiene assistance.
3) Prepare and maintain records of client progress and services performed, reporting changes in client condition to manager or supervisor.
4) Perform housekeeping duties, such as cooking, cleaning, washing clothes and dishes, and running errands.
5) Care for individuals and families during periods of incapacitation, family disruption or convalescence, providing companionship, personal care and help in adjusting to new lifestyles.
6) Instruct and advise clients on issues such as household cleanliness, utilities, hygiene, nutrition and infant care.
7) Plan, shop for, and prepare meals, including special diets, and assist families in planning, shopping for, and preparing nutritious meals.
8) Participate in case reviews, consulting with the team caring for the client, to evaluate the client’s needs and plan for continuing services.
9) Transport clients to locations outside the home, such as to physicians’ offices or on outings, using a motor vehicle.